Old July 26th 03, 10:55 PM
Marcel Alsemgeest

Default ELO-rating with Fritz 8

I have a question about the ELO-rating that Fritz 8 calculates. I've only
played a few online rated games on the server, but my rating is still 0, so
my question is: does it take a certain number of rated online games before a
rating appears? I can't find info on this in the documentation that comes
with Fritz. Thanks in advance!

Marcel

Old July 27th 03, 10:11 AM
Rob

Marcel Alsemgeest wrote:
I have a question about the ELO-rating that Fritz 8 calculates. I've only
played a few online rated games on the server, but my rating is still 0, so
my question is: does it take a certain number of rated online games before a
rating appears? I can't find info on this in the documentation that comes
with Fritz. Thanks in advance!

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

It takes some games before it pops up, I forgot how many, but if you
continue playing you will get an elo.

Rob.

Old July 27th 03, 05:56 PM
Dan Scoones

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:55:52 +0200, "Marcel Alsemgeest"
wrote:

I have a question about the ELO-rating that Fritz 8 calculates. I've only
played a few online rated games on the server, but my rating is still 0, so
my question is: does it take a certain number of rated online games before a
rating appears? I can't find info on this in the documentation that comes
with Fritz. Thanks in advance!

Marcel

I had the same question until a friend told me to play one game in the
"Beginner's" room first. That gives you a rating and you can then
move to the main room and start playing rated games. Not sure what
the reason for that convention is.
Old July 27th 03, 06:45 PM
Marcel Alsemgeest

"Dan Scoones" schreef in bericht
wrote:

I have a question about the ELO-rating that Fritz 8 calculates. I've only
played a few online rated games on the server, but my rating is still 0,

so
my question is: does it take a certain number of rated online games

before a
rating appears? I can't find info on this in the documentation that comes
with Fritz. Thanks in advance!

Marcel

I had the same question until a friend told me to play one game in the
"Beginner's" room first. That gives you a rating and you can then
move to the main room and start playing rated games. Not sure what
the reason for that convention is.

Thanks for the reactions! I've played some extra games today on the server,
and now have a rating on bullet and blitz.

Marcel