Old July 31st 03, 09:56 AM
Dave

Default What does CA7 offer that CB8 / Bookup / Blitzin don't?

I apologise if this question has been asked before. I've got CB8 + Bookup
Pro + Blitzin. Apart from search speed which I've picked up from a few
reviews and ICC support, what can CA7 do that can't be accomplished by the
other software I've got? The reason I ask is that I've been testing CA6
Light from convekta's website and I love the interface. I'm considering
selling the CB software and going for CA7.

Please persuade me either way.

Regards,

Dave.

Old August 1st 03, 12:23 AM
Robert Pawlak

CA7 do that can't be accomplished by the
other software I've got?

CA has quite a few engine analysis modes that are not supported by Bookup or
CB8, and as you are probably aware, CB8 does not have any automatic analysis of
games, unless you purchase Fritz. The engine integration is also better within
CA.

There ia also a separate playing interface within CA. There is an ICC interface
as well.

There is good user support too. Take a look at the chessreviews group (link on
left of both of my web pages). Chessreviews.com also has a comparison of CB vs
CA (but does not include Bookup, which is a different animal altogether).

Bob Pawlak (remove 1et.tw to e-mail)
Chess Assistance
http://www.chessassistance.com
Chess Reviews
http://www.chessreviews.com

Old August 4th 03, 01:16 AM
Less Paul

Chessbase is a trusty pocket knife, always ready and able to do the job.

CA is the Swiss Army knife. It might take you a while to figure out what all
the gizmos are, but in the end you will find it can do the job of the pocket
knife, and much more.

--
Less Paul