Old July 31st 03, 10:29 AM
Damir Ulovec

Default CBF (CBH, PGN) to DBF?

Hello to everybody.
Is there any program for this?
Or somebody has easyer way... I want to combine two databases into one
(duplicates are already removed with CBDIFF.EXE), but sorted by the year. Number
of records are 357,908 + 450,065 = 807,973
With simple combining I get one database, but it's not sorted. It's simple first
database sorted by the year, then second, also sorted by the year... I used
Fritz for this.
Thanks in advance.

Old July 31st 03, 07:37 PM
CeeBee

"Damir Ulovec" wrote

Hello to everybody.
Is there any program for this?
Or somebody has easyer way... I want to combine two databases into one
(duplicates are already removed with CBDIFF.EXE), but sorted by the
year. Number of records are 357,908 + 450,065 = 807,973
With simple combining I get one database, but it's not sorted. It's
simple first database sorted by the year, then second, also sorted by
the year... I used Fritz for this.
Thanks in advance.

I think Fritz has just a limited way of sorting a database, not to
interfere with database brother CB8.

You could export your games to PGN and download SCID. It might well be that
SCID has the sorting options for your database you need. After that just
read your sorted database with Fritz or even convert it to the format you
like.

http://scid.sourceforge.net/

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 1st 03, 05:11 PM
Mike Ogush

On 31 Jul 2003 18:37:46 GMT, CeeBee wrote:

[...]

In Rob Weirs's utilities fo CBF files there is one for sorting,
CBSORT.EZE. You should be able to find it the same place you got
CBDIFF.EXE.

Mike Ogush
Old August 2nd 03, 02:35 PM
Damir Ulovec

Thanks guys, I will try both (CBSORT.EXE and SCID), and decide which is better.
)
BTW, "Mike Ogush" you mistyping: "CBSORT.EZE".