Old August 12th 03, 12:31 AM
Thomas

Default Pocket Fritz/Grandmaster training database

Does anyone know if it's possible (or easy) to create training
databases that can be used by Pocket Fritz 2 or PocketGrandmaster 2
with Chessbase 8 (or other tool)?

I believe they are standard PGN files, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Tom
Old August 12th 03, 01:10 AM
Robert Pawlak

Does anyone know if it's possible (or easy) to create training
databases that can be used by Pocket Fritz 2 or PocketGrandmaster 2
with Chessbase 8 (or other tool)?

I believe they are standard PGN files, but I'm not sure.

You can use any program that creates PGN files, but you must also remove (at
least for PF), all variations except for the main line.

Incidentally, Chessbase and Chess Assistant (CA) can automatically remove all
variations in a game. CA can do it on multiple games at once. This is a factor
if you are trying to convert a large tactics database.
Bob Pawlak (remove 1et.tw to e-mail)
Chess Assistance
http://www.chessassistance.com
Chess Reviews