Old August 12th 03, 02:02 PM
Fight Cancer

Default Chess autoplay on Yahoo!

Autoplay? I'm curious what you mean, exactly, and how you arrived at
this conclusion.

If there is such a thing, I too am curious.

On 10 Aug 2003 20:11:34 GMT, (Capt Mac Cracker)
wrote:

I noticed that some people on Yahoo! Chess are using a program that will
autoplay their moves. I am looking for such a program that will do this. Any
suggestions?

TIA,

Fight cancer with your computer!
http://members.cox.net/fightcancer/
Old August 14th 03, 07:06 AM
Fight Cancer

Default Chess autoplay on Yahoo! C H E A T

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:42:52 +0200, "S.Matthieu"
wrote:

Yes there is such a thing. If ur sly... u can find it by yourself. [Tips:
It's a french programmer who produce it]
It's just a cheat and nothing else, so.... no url !

While impossible to prove it does NOT exist, I'm curious what evidence
you can provide that it does. And what does this "cheat" do exactly?

Old August 14th 03, 10:56 AM
S.Matthieu

While impossible to prove it does NOT exist, I'm curious what evidence
you can provide that it does. And what does this "cheat" do exactly?

It just play for you, always white. You can notice it in bullet game, the
player is too quick...really too quick and mate every time.
It's an hacked java applet, with crafty as engine. You sit, and it play
automatically when smone match u.
If u see someone with 200 victory and no defeat... it's just another user of
this cheat. Ask him !
(When I try it.. I reach 80 victory without defeat or something... it works)
Generally, they play bullet... always bullet or very short blitz (2/2 3/0
etc.) because crafty is tuned on one minute game.

Old August 14th 03, 01:54 PM
Russell Reagan

"S.Matthieu" wrote

because crafty is tuned on one minute game.

It's "pretty good" at just about any time control.

Old August 15th 03, 04:20 PM
Aris Katsaris

"S.Matthieu" wrote in message

While impossible to prove it does NOT exist, I'm curious what evidence
you can provide that it does. And what does this "cheat" do exactly?

It just play for you, always white. You can notice it in bullet game, the
player is too quick...really too quick and mate every time.

Yeah, I've seen it also. It's too clearly a program, no human would be
quick enough to even click the mouse button twice in the time it takes
it to move.

Aris Katsaris

Old August 17th 03, 11:09 PM
Capt Mac Cracker

It just play for you, always white. You can notice it in bullet game, the
player is too quick...really too quick and mate every time.
It's an hacked java applet, with crafty as engine. You sit, and it play
automatically when smone match u.
If u see someone with 200 victory and no defeat...

Yes, and it always plays the move with perfect timing. If you have it set at
1/2 second, it will play every move at 1/2 second, and there's virtually no way
to beat it. I asked several people with extremely high ratings and nobody will
tell me where I can get it.

Old August 18th 03, 11:19 PM
Capt Mac Cracker

Anyway if all players on yahoo use this, then yahoo-chess will be
an engine-engine contest.

I promise I'll only use it for the "one-minute: amatures who also use it for
their own entertainment. I do like to play chess but those darn immature kids
are highly irritating. Now what was the url?