Old August 20th 03, 05:13 PM
Alexander Fischer

Default Fritz 8 - friend mode

Hi,
a brief question: how long will Fritz8 think when playing in friend mode?

To me, it would be logical that the program thinks as long as required in
order to make a move on my handicap level. However, it seems to me, that the
LAST setting before switching to friend mode is taken - it makes a
difference if I had "long game" before or "Blitz game".

Is the quality of the moves different if the software thinks longer?
If yes: then the whole friend thing with "adapting to ones weakness" doesn't
really work.
If no: then this means that the software "wastes time".

Both doesn't seem like a good solution...

Would be glad if someone could give some information on this...

Alex