Roycroft-Guy-Blandford Code

Old August 20th 03, 05:53 PM
JMR

Default Roycroft-Guy-Blandford Code

In the article http://www.chessbaseusa.com/T-NOTES/011401.htm

I have now red that : "Roycroft was also one of the inventors of a special
form of chess notation, called the Roycroft-Guy-Blandford Code (or RGB Code,
for short). This code is used automatically in ChessBase 8 whenever you
enter a board position and save it into a database. If you don't enter a
name for the Black player, a bunch of weird characters appear in that field
in the game list. Those characters don't signify a corrupted database --
they're the RGB code for that position and it's a handy way to find a
specific position without having to open the game in a board window. "

But in my version of chessbase 8 does'nt seem to do this.

Is it because of a patch or am I doing sometthing wrong ?

Thanks

JMR