Old August 24th 03, 12:49 PM
Joerg Moormann

Default Generating tablebases, is it worth the trouble?

Try http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/eg/...a2bkd5bne4bbd6

The position is set up in the URL. Or

http://www.logicalchess.com/resources/tablebase/

Here to set up via FEN

Maybe they have what you are looking for. But there are no 6men with
pawns available to this day.

And the other ones I cannot see something thats interesting. Most of
them are easy to win or absolutely draw.

For 5men: RP-R and QP-Q are interesting, but you should search ebay.
They are not expensive.

Greetings
Joerg

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:33:22 GMT, "Ѥ "
wrote:

The thing is...I have a second computer, so I could leave one of them
working on the tablebases for as long as it takes....if we're talking a
couple of weeks straight, no problem....if its a year...we might have a
problem.