Old August 23rd 03, 06:28 AM
Some One

Default Algebraic Notation Software

Does anyone know of a good Chess program that allows you toenter your moves
in Algebraic Notation instead of dragging and dropping?

Thanks in advance. . .

- Aaron

Old August 24th 03, 12:38 AM
Jerry Snitselaar

Chessmaster 9k, and Fritz both let you use the keyboard to enter moves:

Chessmaster 9000:

enter destination square preceding with capitol letter for pieces (ie Nf3).

Fritz:

enter letter for piece (including pawns) and destination sqaure.

I didnt play with it much, so I dont know if you can do promotions with
keyboard.

Old August 24th 03, 03:18 AM
Mike Leahy

"Some One" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a good Chess program that allows you toenter your

moves
in Algebraic Notation instead of dragging and dropping?

Thanks in advance. . .

- Aaron

For study software, Bookup 2000 allows you to enter moves
in algebraic notation.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old August 24th 03, 11:09 PM
Nonyz

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message igy.com...

Bookup has low quality graphics and little overall utility, NTM other
issues.
It doesn't run its own chess engine - they just bundle some freely
available ones.

As someone mentioned, Chessmaster & Fritz are excellent options.
I'd add Kchess to the list - they have two versions, Advance & Elite,
both of which have excellent graphics and loads of other features.
http://www.arkangles.com/kchess/
Old September 1st 03, 05:29 PM
DJV

I've been messing w/ Chessbase Light (free from www.chessbase.com) and
discovered that if you copy a move list to the Windows clipboard you can
use Ctrl+V to paste it into the "board window". This is great if you've
already got the move lists on your computer, but even if you don't you
can type them into Notepad and copy/paste from there.

Old September 4th 03, 04:21 AM
Rob McDonell

"Some One" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know of a good Chess program that allows you toenter your moves
in Algebraic Notation instead of dragging and dropping?

Thanks in advance. . .

- Aaron

KChess Elite (www.arkangles.com/kchess) will alow keyoard entry in
several notations, including algebraic notation.

--Rob McDonell