Old August 24th 03, 03:38 PM

Default Chessmaster 9000 and Win 2000 Pro ?

I am new to chess NG's so please excuse me if this question has been
asked before .

I intend to d/l and buy Chessmaster 9000 but notice it states on the
Website I was looking at that W2K " ...is not supported..."

I am wondering whether this advice is now out of date as W2K ,
although initally not great with games , has now improved a lot as far
as that goes.

Has anyone any experience here of Chessmaster 9000 and W2K , please ?

B.N.
Old August 24th 03, 04:39 PM
Betsy Schwartz

Some subset of Win2k users (I was one) had problems with both CM8k and
CM9k . Symptoms were, you could only play the Chessmaster in
Tournamenet games, and only save games in CM format (not pgn) and a
couple of other things. This was fixed in the latest CM9000 patch.

(dunno if this was the only problem or not)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:01:41 GMT, John Cordes wrote:

Has anyone any experience here of Chessmaster 9000 and W2K , please ?

B.N.

I don't recall encountering any problems here with that combo.

John Cordes

Old August 24th 03, 06:47 PM
John Cordes

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:39:45 GMT, Betsy Schwartz
wrote:

Some subset of Win2k users (I was one) had problems with both CM8k and
CM9k . Symptoms were, you could only play the Chessmaster in
Tournamenet games, and only save games in CM format (not pgn) and a
couple of other things. This was fixed in the latest CM9000 patch.
(dunno if this was the only problem or not)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:01:41 GMT, John Cordes wrote:
I don't recall encountering any problems here with that combo.
John Cordes

Has anyone any experience here of Chessmaster 9000 and W2K , please ?

B.N.

(Reverting to bottom-posting)

If the OP has any specific queries about the interaction between CM9k and
Win2K I could probably do a little testing. I have no idea about the
tournament game problem, since I've never tried it. However, as I said,
I'm willing to try if asked.

John Cordes