Old August 24th 03, 07:43 PM
dan foley

Default FICS - Unable to Connect

I have been trying all day to connect to FICS and keep getting a
message "Connection Refused = Please try again later". I have
sometimes not been able to get onto FICS, but have never gotten this
particular error message.

Is anyone else getting this, and could it have anything to do with my
new Norton Internet Security Software? (JUst installed yesterday)

Thanks
Old August 24th 03, 08:07 PM
Anthony Giorgianni

Maybe something with Norton. Don't know, but I'm having no problem at FICS.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

m...

Old August 25th 03, 01:16 PM
Jean-François GAZET

I have been trying all day to connect to FICS and keep getting a
message "Connection Refused = Please try again later". I have
sometimes not been able to get onto FICS, but have never gotten this
particular error message.

I had this problem all yesterday long too, but only with winboard and my
chess engines.
With my personnal login, it was all right.
Today it works, but i made no changes, it should come from FICS.