Old August 24th 03, 08:30 PM
Capt Mac Cracker

Default Chessmaster 2100

I am looking for a copy of Chessmaster 2100 or maybe 3000. I can't get 7000 to
work on my PC so I need to downgrade. If someone could please email it to me
at I would appreciate it. No it it not stealing since
I have a store bought version of 7000 and this is an earlier version. I do not
want any version later than 3000 please. Thankyou.

Old August 24th 03, 10:04 PM
Capt Mac Cracker

Where can I drive away with a 1969 Ford Mustang without paying? It's not
stealing because I own a Mustang 2003 and the '69-er is an earlier
version....

Not the same thing. The '69 Mustang is still offered for sale. CM 2100 is
not. You let me know where it is and I'll be glad to pay for it. BTW, I
personally met one of the programmers who wrote 2100. Really nice guy.

Better reason: abandonware.

http://www.abandondata.nl/product.php?i=cm2100

Thankyou!

Have a nice day.

Old August 25th 03, 12:04 AM
Capt Mac Cracker

By Ford?

Yes.

Old August 25th 03, 06:50 AM
Odd Gunnar Malin

"Capt Mac Cracker" skrev i melding
I am looking for a copy of Chessmaster 2100 or maybe 3000. I can't get

work on my PC so I need to downgrade. If someone could please email it to

me
at I would appreciate it. No it it not stealing

since
I have a store bought version of 7000 and this is an earlier version. I

do not
want any version later than 3000 please. Thankyou.

You find some old chess-program at: url
http://www.gambitchess.com/progr.htm .

I think they are legal (authours sanction), but I'm not sure.

Odd Gunnar

Old August 26th 03, 04:39 PM
Jerry Snitselaar

yeah, they're in all the showrooms here. Its the latest thing. I myself am
waiting for the pinto and gremlin to make
a comeback.

"CeeBee" wrote in message
.84...
(Capt Mac Cracker) wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

Yes.

Ah.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @
www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 26th 03, 11:54 PM
The Horny Goat

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:39:56 -0700, "Jerry Snitselaar"
wrote:

yeah, they're in all the showrooms here. Its the latest thing. I myself am
waiting for the pinto and gremlin to make
a comeback.

Hey don't diss CM 2100 - it was the last CM I was able to beat more
than once in a blue moon.

I recall that after CM2000, we figured CM2100 referred to its ELO
rating...we changed our minds after CM 3000 came out next...
Old August 27th 03, 01:50 AM
John Merlino

wrote:

yeah, they're in all the showrooms here. Its the latest thing. I myself am
waiting for the pinto and gremlin to make
a comeback.

Hey don't diss CM 2100 - it was the last CM I was able to beat more
than once in a blue moon.

I recall that after CM2000, we figured CM2100 referred to its ELO
rating...we changed our minds after CM 3000 came out next...

That was exactly the point of the original naming convention -- the
number was supposed to equal the rating on a high-end machine of the
time. However, we soon began to understand the folly of that idea.
CM2100 followed by CM2300 followed by CM2450 followed by CM2560, etc.
Clearly, it would get silly.

But I DO have a nice official-looking black sweatshirt that says
"Chessmaster 2400" on it!

jm
Old August 27th 03, 03:23 AM
DMB

I had the Commodore 64 version of Chessmaster 2100. It was very
entertaining, because it had some absolutely terrible bugs in it. It would
play a fairly strong game for several moves, then make an illegal move! I
remember one game when it made a knight move with one of its bishops,
capturing its own rook! I assume the PC version was better?

DB

"John Merlino" wrote in message
om...

. ..

Old August 27th 03, 11:40 AM
Leonardo Ljubicic

"DMB" wrote in message
I had the Commodore 64 version of Chessmaster 2100. It was very
entertaining, because it had some absolutely terrible bugs in it. It

would
play a fairly strong game for several moves, then make an illegal move! I
remember one game when it made a knight move with one of its bishops,
capturing its own rook!

..... which reminds me of my wife, she claimed to be a school champion in
chess, so we played a game, and it was all looking good untill, after I
captured her pawn with one of my own, she took the same (mine) pawn, and
captured another of her pawns. :-)

Leonardo