Old August 27th 03, 11:20 AM
Darko Majdic

Default Chessmaster 9000 vs. Fritz8

I have these two programs installed on two computers connected in
network. Is there a way to make them play against each other? How can
I do it?

--
Darko Majdić

Old August 27th 03, 02:01 PM
Steve Connor

You need to do more than just choose "engine match" because the CM9000
engine has to be incorporated into the Fritz GUI as an UCI engine (Universal
Chess Interface). There are excellent instructions at
http://nonyz2.tripod.com/The_King_OPK.htm on how to go about this. I've done
it, and it works fine.

Only then can you do an engine match.

"Alexander Fischer" wrote in message
Darko Majdic wrote:
I have these two programs installed on two computers connected in
network. Is there a way to make them play against each other? How can
I do it?

Actually, it should be possible to have their *engines* play against each
other - without the interface etc. That's probably best to evaluate their
playing strength.
Search for "Engine Match" in Fritz.

I bet 6:4 for Fritz by the way... :-)

Al

Old August 27th 03, 04:50 PM
Damir Ulovec

Hmmm, I'll don't drop to that... Everybody knows that Fritz gives himself more
"resources" than to "opponent's engine". Playing on two same computers will give
the best result.
BTW, in this case (I was try this with CM8k & F7) result was 6:2 for CM8k.
Cheers...

Old August 27th 03, 07:54 PM
Darko Majdic

Dana Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:01:51 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Connor"
napisa:

You need to do more than just choose "engine match" because the CM9000
engine has to be incorporated into the Fritz GUI as an UCI engine (Universal
Chess Interface). There are excellent instructions at
http://nonyz2.tripod.com/The_King_OPK.htm on how to go about this. I've done
it, and it works fine.

Only then can you do an engine match.

It works fine. But still, I can do engine match only on one PC, and I
would like to do it on two PC's, but they won't connect via autoplay.

--
Darko Majdić