Old August 27th 03, 02:01 PM
c4b4e4

Default Junior 8 --- incredible moves!

J8 must have some kind of specialized knowledge when evaluating moves,
because so far I am very impressed with it's play!!

Examples:

I was playing white against it in a KIA (5' + 10") and on the 11th move, it
played Ke7, foregoing K-side castling!!

None of the others I have (Hiarcs 8, Shredder 7, Fritz 8) chose this.

Also, in a transposition to a Benko gambit, it played (as White) 7. Rg1; 8.
Qd3; then, 13. Kd2-- again, I doubt the others would choose this path,
especially 7. Rg1!

Yesterday, I knocked it out of book in an English vs. Dutch opening, and
about move 7 or 8, it played (after a previous Be6) the unusual Bg8!

This is one slick opponent! The others will be "in storage" on my PC as
long as J8 is around!

Old August 28th 03, 03:53 PM
c4b4e4

"c4b4e4" wrote in message
J8 must have some kind of specialized knowledge when evaluating moves,
because so far I am very impressed with it's play!!

Examples:

I was playing white against it in a KIA (5' + 10") and on the 11th move,

it
played Ke7, foregoing K-side castling!!

None of the others I have (Hiarcs 8, Shredder 7, Fritz 8) chose this.

Also, in a transposition to a Benko gambit, it played (as White) 7. Rg1;

8.
Qd3; then, 13. Kd2-- again, I doubt the others would choose this path,
especially 7. Rg1!

Yesterday, I knocked it out of book in an English vs. Dutch opening, and
about move 7 or 8, it played (after a previous Be6) the unusual Bg8!

This is one slick opponent! The others will be "in storage" on my PC as
long as J8 is around!

Just discovered another one!

1. Nf3 Nf6
2. g3 b5
3. b3 e5 ---- giving away a center pawn!

Old August 29th 03, 05:03 PM
Akorps666

Is it Junior 8 or are you talking about Deep Junior 8?

It's Junior 8 --- why do you ask?

Because there are two versions of Junior out there.

Is there any difference running them on a normal PC?

I assumed Deep Junior 8 was designed to use parallel processing, so that Junior
8 would be best on an ordinary PC