Old August 28th 03, 04:22 PM
Curtist Thetford

Default Wanted: Tournament Grading Calculator Program

If you are resonably competent with Access, I put together an Access
database last year for our club that will calculate ratings using the method
given in USCF's scholastic chess manual. I don't know how "user friendly"
it is since I just put it together for my use, but if you're interested,
e-mail me and I'll send you a copy of th DB. It basically allows you to
input games one at a time but has no tournament scheduling capability. You
would have to schedule the tournament through some other means and then
input game results seperately. It also has the ability to enter "bonus"
rating points for special things like competing in USCF tournaments, doing
homework and things like that.

I've started coding some of this functionality into a PERL script so that
people could put this rating functionality on a web site, but I'm kind of
learning CGI as I go so it is not moving real fast. My thought was that if
I can make something simple available for school clubs to use that was
public domain, then maybe others would enhance it over time and I figure
that is probably easier in PERL than it is in Access since it's free.

WindTD will of course do everything you're asking for for the small fee of
$100.

"oxtut" wrote in message
om...
In order to produce a rating list for regular club tournaments that
would be updated tournament by tournament.
I am looking for a user friendly program that will produce a rating
list from just the results ( and ratings of the players) of a
tournament.
I would like it if these names and calculated ratings could be stored
and used to rate more tournaments featuring these players and
allowing one to introduce any new players.

Thanks for any help.