Old August 28th 03, 11:35 PM
JAVIER GONZALEZ

Default mega 2003 chessbase: help with krpkq.nbw.emd extension files!!!!!

I downloaded from e-mule Mega 2003 Chessbasse.: 400 Mg. All the files are
with the extenxsion "nbw.emd", like : krpkq.nbw.emd. I have read that are
compressed files of chess tablebase. I had prooved with fritz 8 and
chessbase 8 to read and open it, but I cant. Some one can help me please.?
thanks
Javier

Old August 29th 03, 12:39 PM
Euc1id

Try renaming the files with only one period.
For example: change "krpkq.nbw.emd" to "krpkqnbw.emd"
--
Euc1id

Old August 29th 03, 02:46 PM
Lukino

I downloaded from e-mule Mega 2003 Chessbasse.: 400 Mg. All the files are
with the extenxsion "nbw.emd", like : krpkq.nbw.emd. I have read that are
compressed files of chess tablebase. I had prooved with fritz 8 and
chessbase 8 to read and open it, but I cant. Some one can help me

please.?

It's a fake. It contains, as u can see, some tablebases.

Luca

Old August 29th 03, 03:54 PM
JAVIER GONZALEZ

I Tied but it doesn`t work. wish what program you can open o work with file
..emd?????
"Euc1id" escribi en el mensaje
.net...

Old September 26th 03, 01:26 PM
Euc1id

Sorry about the long delay in responding...
I sent a short tablebase file to Notepad and got this:

Compressed by DATACOMP v 1.0 (c) 1991--1998 Andrew Kadatch

  @l*Xl*Xl*XwƉ   '  @ @ p $@ `@
D@ @,p yG,xlB_T

So obviously they are compressed files. I imagine you would have to
decompress them first, but offhand I don't know what was used to compress
them. Maybe it's called "DATACOMP", or maybe that's the name of a company, I
don't know. I imagine that wouldn't be too hard to discover with a little
research, perhaps via the indefatigable google.com...