Old August 1st 05, 05:12 AM
rookfodder

Default Move ranking with Crafty

I'd like to be able to use Crafty to rank and score all the possible moves
from a given position. For example, at the opening:

1.e4 0.10
1.d4 0.09
1.Nf3 0.05
....etc...

Is there an easy way to do this? I think I was able to do this back when
I used Chessmaster.

TIA.
Old August 1st 05, 12:50 PM
pgeorges

There is the "analyse" command that can do that (the last number make it
display the N best line).
Type "help analyse" for description.

Old August 1st 05, 11:42 PM
rookfodder

rookfodder a écrit :
I'd like to be able to use Crafty to rank and score all the possible moves
from a given position. For example, at the opening:

1.e4 0.10
1.d4 0.09
1.Nf3 0.05
...etc...

Is there an easy way to do this? I think I was able to do this back when
I used Chessmaster.

Yes, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Analyze just gives yout
eh score of the principal variation. What I'd like is a list of all the
possible moves and Crafty's assessment of each, sorted by quality. Sort
of like the "search move" command but for all the moves in a given
position.

The reason I'd like to do this is that I'd like to know, for a given
position, if one move is obviously the best versus a situation where 2 or
3 moves are all about the same and at the top of the list.

Old August 1st 05, 11:53 PM
rookfodder

rookfodder a écrit :
[...]

Well figured it out. The "trace" command does the trick -- thanks for the
help.