Old August 3rd 05, 05:42 PM
controlit

Default CM10K all boards - no play?

I have the latest (I think) version of Chessmaster 10K
It's funny how it will force you to play 10 to 60 or
whatever ranked games before the nice boards are up
for grabs.

Needless to say, I'm looking for the easy way out!
If there a patch or anything anywhere that let's you
use all the boards, I'd appreciate any info!
Old August 4th 05, 03:08 AM
Charley Moore

controlit wrote:

I have the latest (I think) version of Chessmaster 10K
It's funny how it will force you to play 10 to 60 or
whatever ranked games before the nice boards are up
for grabs.

Needless to say, I'm looking for the easy way out!
If there a patch or anything anywhere that let's you
use all the boards, I'd appreciate any info!

Find the .ini file for your user eg yourname.ini in a folder something like
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster 10th Edition\Data\Users\yourname. At
the end of the [settings] section add the entry
unlockstuff=1
--
Regards Charley
Old August 8th 05, 11:15 AM
David Richerby

Charley Moore m wrote:
controlit wrote:
I have the latest (I think) version of Chessmaster 10K. It's funny how
it will force you to play 10 to 60 or whatever ranked games before the
nice boards are up for grabs.

Find the .ini file for your user eg yourname.ini in a folder something
like C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster 10th Edition\Data\Users\yourname.
At the end of the [settings] section add the entry unlockstuff=1

What an idiotic design decision and what an idiotic implementation of it.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Impossible Gnome (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a smiling garden ornament but it