Old August 8th 05, 11:55 PM
Mark

Default PGN tactics program for Palm?

Hi,

I'm using Bookup Express on my PC to test myself using a PGN of my
Polgar 5333+1 book. (Yes, I really do own the paper version!)

Can anyone recommend a suitable program for my aged Palm IIIx that
will let me view a PGN containing multiple positions?

Cheers,

Mark
Old August 9th 05, 08:34 AM
Alexander Wagner

Hi!

I'm using Bookup Express on my PC to test myself using a
PGN of my Polgar 5333+1 book. (Yes, I really do own the
paper version!)

Surely you wouldn't share the pgn with someone onwning the
paper back edition as well? (Its that huge...)

Can anyone recommend a suitable program for my aged Palm
IIIx that will let me view a PGN containing multiple
positions?

OpenChess http://palmopenchess.sourceforge.net/ is in the
progress of getting such feature, at least the author told
me so. And I already suggested some "tactical
training"-feature to him before which is essentially what
you want to have here. OpenChess already has such a
functionality for Opening Training btw, and probably, if I'm
not the only one asking for such training features he will
implement it.

BTW: Be sure to get the "real stuff". Unfortunatley quite a
lot of companies just copy the OpenChess source and sell it
for money. OpenChess is free and under GPL, so the behaviour
of these companies is illegal. (Besides that it costs your
money

--
Kind regards,
Alexander Wagner