Old August 26th 05, 12:01 PM
JoVe

Default Fritz8 - help

Could any of you expirienced guys explain me how I can start Fritz8 in
'Friend'-mode or in 'Handicap and Fun'-mode?

If I start a game in Friend-mode and then play maybe for 15 minutes and
then leave the program, then when starting the game again to continue it
starts in Blitz-mode. How comes?

JoVe
Copenhagen
Old August 29th 05, 11:12 AM
David Richerby

JoVe wrote:
If I start a game in Friend-mode and then play maybe for 15 minutes and
then leave the program, then when starting the game again to continue it
starts in Blitz-mode. How comes?

Because that's the default. You need to start the first game of a session
by explicitly asking for a friend-mode game. The Fritz user-interface
seems to be full of little annoyances like that.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Poetic Sadistic Wine (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a vintage Beaujolais but it wants to
Old August 29th 05, 07:42 PM
JoVe

David Richerby wrote:
JoVe wrote:

If I start a game in Friend-mode and then play maybe for 15 minutes and
then leave the program, then when starting the game again to continue it
starts in Blitz-mode. How comes?

Because that's the default. You need to start the first game of a session
by explicitly asking for a friend-mode game. The Fritz user-interface
seems to be full of little annoyances like that.

Dave.

Thanks for the answer! I'm disapointed about this annoyances! At first
glance Fritz looked more persuasive!

JoVe
(Copenhagen)