Old August 30th 05, 06:44 AM
Angelo DePalma

Default shredder problem

I am unable to switch my main engine in Shredder. For some reason Fritz 5.32
is now the default engine. When I go to the engine management tab and switch
main engine, it tells me there's not enough memory. I have 2 MB of RAM on my
computer.

Help?

Old August 30th 05, 10:15 AM
Poco Bueno

u gotta be ****in jokin

Old August 30th 05, 01:21 PM
David Richerby

Angelo DePalma wrote:
I am unable to switch my main engine in Shredder. For some reason Fritz
5.32 is now the default engine. When I go to the engine management tab
and switch main engine, it tells me there's not enough memory. I have 2
MB of RAM on my computer.

Um, sorry to be blunt but it tells you there's not enough memory because
there's not enough memory.

I assume that's a pretty old machine but, if you know what kind of RAM it
takes, you should be able to buy some more (at least 32Mb) on Ebay for
next to nothing. If you don't know what kind of RAM it takes, post some
details here and somebody will be able to work it.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Slimy Mexi-Laser (TM): it's like an
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ intense beam of light that comes from
Old August 30th 05, 04:13 PM
Angelo DePalma

As I wrote I have TWO MEGABYTES of RAM, which I purchased specifically so CB
would not crash.

The machine is vintage 2002, so that's not the problem either.

Old August 30th 05, 04:59 PM
Steve Loft

Angelo DePalma wrote:
As I wrote I have TWO MEGABYTES of RAM, which I purchased specifically so CB
would not crash.

Aha. I think you actually have TWO GIGABYTES of RAM. Apart from that
observation, I have nothing useful to contribute.
--
Steve Loft
Old August 30th 05, 05:01 PM
Liam Too

Angelo DePalma wrote:
As I wrote I have TWO MEGABYTES of RAM, which I purchased specifically so CB
would not crash.

512 MB of RAM is around $32.00 at Best Buy or any computer store. I
upgraded mine to 1024 MB for only $120.00 including labor.

Old August 30th 05, 06:21 PM
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Angelo DePalma wrote:
I am unable to switch my main engine in Shredder. For some reason Fritz 5.32
is now the default engine. When I go to the engine management tab and switch
main engine, it tells me there's not enough memory. I have 2 MB of RAM on my
computer.

Help?

Get the update from the ChessBase site.

--
GCP
Old August 31st 05, 01:59 AM
LSD

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

I am unable to switch my main engine in Shredder. For some reason Fritz
5.32 is now the default engine. When I go to the engine management tab and
switch main engine, it tells me there's not enough memory. I have 2 MB of
RAM on my computer.

You simply must mean 2 Gigabytes of RAM, not 2 megabytes! What operating
system do you use? Is it a Palm computer? Even Palms have more than 2 MBs.

Help?