Old September 7th 05, 12:19 AM
Grackle

Default Chessmaster 10 v1.0.2 no CD crack?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 'official' no CD crack for 1.0.2.
Does this exist any longer, is it still floating around somewhere. Has
anyone here ever tried to contact Ubisoft with such a request, showing them
proof-of-purchase? Sad that since I actually paid for the game, I don't
have the same convenience as with a pirated version.

Old September 7th 05, 06:10 AM
Michael Vondung

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:19:03 -0400, Grackle wrote:

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 'official' no CD crack for 1.0.2.
Does this exist any longer, is it still floating around somewhere.

http://gamecopyworld.com/ Got it there when the copy protection refused
to recognise the original CD in one of my drives. Still ridiculous that I
have to do that. (Needless to say, when I had written in because of the
trouble, I didn't even receive an answer.)

M.
Old September 7th 05, 06:34 PM
Morten Skarstad

Michael Vondung wrote:
http://gamecopyworld.com/ Got it there when the copy protection
refused to recognise the original CD in one of my drives. Still
ridiculous that I have to do that. (Needless to say, when I had
written in because of the trouble, I didn't even receive an answer.)

I'm shocked! They didn't even dignify you with a "Sorry, we do not support
your CD-drive"?

Old September 7th 05, 08:02 PM
Michael Vondung

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:34:00 +0200, Morten Skarstad wrote:

I'm shocked! They didn't even dignify you with a "Sorry, we do not support
your CD-drive"?

Hey, after shelling out forty Euro bucks, they could at least have sent
back some pre-written drivel!

Anyway, it's still silly that they use a copy protection system that
doesn't work with an (apparently) larger number of drives (judging by the
customer feedback at amazon.com).

M.
Old September 7th 05, 09:50 PM
Max

Is this why amazon.co.uk is selling it for less than 10? I bought
Chessmaster 10 for less than the 'discount' range Chessmaster 9000, which
sells for 9.99 in the shops - and around 6 at amazon.

.. .

Old September 8th 05, 12:30 AM
Grackle

"Michael Vondung" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:19:03 -0400, Grackle wrote:

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 'official' no CD crack for 1.0.2.
Does this exist any longer, is it still floating around somewhere.

http://gamecopyworld.com/ Got it there when the copy protection refused
to recognise the original CD in one of my drives. Still ridiculous that I
have to do that. (Needless to say, when I had written in because of the
trouble, I didn't even receive an answer.)

M.

Thanks very much, it worked!