Old September 9th 05, 07:03 AM
The Man Behind The Curtain

Default Rated games on Fritz/Hiaracs

I am trying to play rated games for the first time ever on Fritz
8/Hiarcs 8. I don't get the time controls. I only get controls for
blitz, and they say things like 90' 30", which, frankly, I don't get. I
want to play the standard 40/120 setup.

Also, is there any way to make a sealed move and adjourn? I rarely have
the spare time to sit in front of a chess computer uninterrupted for the
hours and hours a rated game could take. And what's this J'adoube
feature the rates games has? (Yes, I know what J'adoube is for but how
does it figure into this program?)

Thanks.

John

Old September 9th 05, 09:28 AM
HD

The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:
I am trying to play rated games for the first time ever on Fritz
8/Hiarcs 8. I don't get the time controls. I only get controls for
blitz, and they say things like 90' 30", which, frankly, I don't get. I
want to play the standard 40/120 setup.

Below the list of partipating engines there's a couple "buttons" to
press. One is blitz, the other is long game... Btw, you can enter "any"
TC's you like.

Also, is there any way to make a sealed move and adjourn? I rarely have
the spare time to sit in front of a chess computer uninterrupted for the
hours and hours a rated game could take. And what's this J'adoube
feature the rates games has? (Yes, I know what J'adoube is for but how
does it figure into this program?)

No, such feature doesn't exists.

Thanks.

John

Old September 9th 05, 06:31 PM
The Man Behind The Curtain

HD wrote:
The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:

I am trying to play rated games for the first time ever on Fritz
8/Hiarcs 8. I don't get the time controls. I only get controls for
blitz, and they say things like 90' 30", which, frankly, I don't get.
I want to play the standard 40/120 setup.

Below the list of partipating engines there's a couple "buttons" to
press. One is blitz, the other is long game... Btw, you can enter "any"
TC's you like.

Huh? I don't have that on the screen that comes up for me. The blitz
choices are all that is there, no buttons to press, no spaces to enter
time codes, just buttons and pre-chosen time controls.

John

Old September 10th 05, 12:39 PM
HD

HD wrote:

The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:

I am trying to play rated games for the first time ever on Fritz
8/Hiarcs 8. I don't get the time controls. I only get controls for
blitz, and they say things like 90' 30", which, frankly, I don't
get. I want to play the standard 40/120 setup.

Below the list of partipating engines there's a couple "buttons" to
press. One is blitz, the other is long game... Btw, you can enter
"any" TC's you like.

Huh? I don't have that on the screen that comes up for me. The blitz
choices are all that is there, no buttons to press, no spaces to enter
time codes, just buttons and pre-chosen time controls.

John

Sounds weird, unless you're using a GUI unknown to me.
I use the Chessbase GUI (chessprogram8), and I referred to the
tournament setup.
In the match setup Blitz, Long game and fixed depth are placed in a box
below the 2-comp picture.
Try click the help-button.
If nothing works, there must be an error in your program setup, and you
should probably resinstall.

HD
Old September 10th 05, 06:55 PM
The Man Behind The Curtain

HD wrote:

Sounds weird, unless you're using a GUI unknown to me.
I use the Chessbase GUI (chessprogram8), and I referred to the
tournament setup.
In the match setup Blitz, Long game and fixed depth are placed in a box
below the 2-comp picture.
Try click the help-button.

Since I selected my time control I no longer get that option at all. I
just automatically get blitz.

Same with Hiarcs, only there I automatically get 40/120.

In Shredder I automatically get some other setting, forget what.

John