Old September 21st 05, 01:37 AM
Chula

Default PC to MAC recording of moves?

I use a PC and a Windows chess program that allows me to make my moves
on screen and then copy and paste the updated score to an email
message. My opponent uses a MAC and tells me that he has a chess
program which came bundled with his system and is asking me if there is
any way to paste or export his moves to me. He's not all that computer
literate, and I'm illiterate when it comes to MACs.

If someone can give me a simple explanation I can pass on to him, I'd
much appreciate it.

Old September 21st 05, 05:10 PM
John A Swartz

I recommend using the PGN (Portable Game Notation) format. Most chess
programs (Mac or PC) can import and export in PGN format. If your
program doesn't support PGN format, you can use the freeware application
ChessPad (available to download at http://www.wmlsoftware.com/) to enter
moves and export to PGN for your friend. There are probably other
freeware/shareware apps that you could use, but as a Mac User myself, I
couldn't provide specific recommendations.

John