Old September 21st 05, 07:29 PM
Guy Macon

Default Automatic adjustment of strength during play

Ruud wrote:

I know of Saitek Centurion, a chess computer that adapts to your playing
strength during a game; it will try to keep the evaluation during a game at
+0.00 or -0.00.
It's not sofware and it's not free though.
But it does excist if you want it.

That sounds like a very easy feature to add to CRAFTY.
You might wish to ask Dr. Hyatt about it.

It certainly would give some interesting play! I can also see humor
possibilities; a strong player watches a weak player almost (but not
quite) beat the computer, then he tries, expecting an easy win...

--
Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/

Old September 23rd 05, 11:25 AM
umar

The exact idea in my mind is that, human player start with some
starting level against computer chess like if Chess engine list levels
as rating, I select 1800 as starting level. Now during game play chess
engine if getting -0.00 increase its strength a little. Or every time I
took advantage, engine tune or reset its attributes associated with
tactics to give a stronger play. At the end if computer wins, the
engine tells you your maximum strength. Like I play the game with
starting level of 1800 and ultimatley lost the game, at that time
computer was using 80% of its maximum strength.