Old October 2nd 05, 04:13 AM
Jerry Creed

Default Chessmaster10???

sorry
Does Josh clean up his enunciation or slow down on 10 or is he still "feet
don't fail me now?"
The lessons are good but I get annoyed at his slurring speeding slurping
burping speech. He does, he burps, supressingly,...............swallowing
air I guess.
Anyway, are they new and improved tutorials? Are they easier to listen to?

Jerry

Old October 2nd 05, 09:26 AM
The Man Behind The Curtain

Jerry Creed wrote:
sorry
Does Josh clean up his enunciation or slow down on 10 or is he still "feet
don't fail me now?"
The lessons are good but I get annoyed at his slurring speeding slurping
burping speech. He does, he burps, supressingly,...............swallowing
air I guess.
Anyway, are they new and improved tutorials? Are they easier to listen to?

They've always been plenty clear to me and to everyone I know. (Read
the hundreds of Amazon reviews for CM products and you won't find one
person who thinks the way you do), but if you found him "slurry" and
"burpy" before you surely will now.

John

Old October 2nd 05, 01:23 PM
Jerry Creed

Got it. It's me against the world.

My main curiosity is whether the tutorials are new and improved;
representing a continuation of the excursion into the fog of chess
mysteries. Are they the same tutorials as are on 9000 or are there
additional tutorials on 10?

Old October 2nd 05, 03:43 PM
Jerry Creed

My additional concern now, after reading the reviews on Amazon, as you
suggested, is for the compatability of the thing with a
PC.............everybody seems to be having a problem running or installing
or using the damn thing.............they robably haven't HEARD Josh.

So, is it a mess to mess with?

Old October 2nd 05, 05:05 PM
Michael Vondung

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:43:48 -0400, Jerry Creed wrote:

So, is it a mess to mess with?

The problem is the severe copy protection software Ubi decided to use. It
can easily be worked around by downloading a so-called "no-CD hack" which
bypasses the copy protection and also doesn't require you to leave the CD
in the drive (see: http://gamecopyworld.com). If you own the original game,
this is legally acceptable in many countries.

M.

Old October 2nd 05, 07:13 PM
The Man Behind The Curtain

Michael Vondung wrote:
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:43:48 -0400, Jerry Creed wrote:

So, is it a mess to mess with?

The problem is the severe copy protection software Ubi decided to use. It
can easily be worked around by downloading a so-called "no-CD hack" which
bypasses the copy protection and also doesn't require you to leave the CD
in the drive (see: http://gamecopyworld.com). If you own the original game,
this is legally acceptable in many countries.

M.

Is this CD hack complicated to install?

I would like to buy CM10, but am holding off for this very reason. It
seems more people can't get this to work on their machines than can.

John

Old October 2nd 05, 07:24 PM
Michael Vondung

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:13:07 GMT, The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:

Is this CD hack complicated to install?

No, it just replaces the game.exe file. Note: Do keep your old file, you'll
need it when/if CMX is updated. Just rename it to game.ex- or game.exe.org
before copying the modified one (the "hack") into the Chessmaster
directory.

I would like to buy CM10, but am holding off for this very reason. It
seems more people can't get this to work on their machines than can.

It's the copy protection. It doesn't work with some/many CD drives, but
this comes only into play when actually starting the software, not when
you're installing it. The no-CD hack bypasses that problem. If you're
unsure whether the game itself works on your computer, you can give the
free demo version a try.

M.