Old October 8th 05, 12:34 AM
DMB

Default Excalibur Deluxe Talking Touch Chess

Does anyone have that computer? Any opinions about its strength level, or
any other observations about it?

Old October 9th 05, 08:27 AM
Mike B

I have IVAN II The Conqueror and and i like it .
The strongest level that it is supposed to be is I800 + ELO....
One thing i do not like is to play White , it plays on the 7th and
8th rank .....Black on the first and second rank .....
Right
now i am playing a computer called
VC64 and here is the position..

White , IVAN II....

Rooks on G -8 and H-8 ..
Pawn A-7 and G-7 and C-6 and E-5.
King on B-5 ..............

Black....

KING on B-I
Pawns on B-2 , C-2 , H-2 , A-3 , F-3 , G-3 ...
Rooks on C-4 , and D-7.
knight on A-6.....

it is Blacks move....

I think i see a flaw in the program , my rooks and knight have been
protecting the H- and G- pawns for the last hand full of moves when they
should be trying to HELP THE KING.....

This bugs me because i don't want my machine to lose .......

It has a feature that tells you who my computer thinks is winning and
right now it thinks the VC64 computer is winning + 2.3.
When it is ( - ) that means it thinks it is winning.........

I like this computer and it talks and say's stuff like " I will
destroy you " or " I will crush you " and it has the sound of a sword
fights when pieces are taken...Yo can turn the sound off too ....

I think id want the newest EXCALIBUR , it is called GRAND MASTER but
is cost bout 200 $
If i had a choice between my IVAN and the G.M one id save my money and
get the G.M.....