Old October 10th 05, 08:43 AM

Default Jose GUI & Database: now with Fischer Random Chess

Hello,

a new release of Jose Chess Database is available for download from

http://jose-chess.sourceforge.net

it introduces support for Fischer Random Chess (also known as Chess
960) and Shuffle Chess.

As usual, it is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Existing installations can be upgraded easily through the menu Help /
Online Update.

Please note: Crafty, which is packaged with jose, can not play FRC.
You will have to install an FRC enabled engine, first.
I've run FRC games with Shredder, Spike and The Baron, not yet with
Fruit.
See http://uciengines.de/UCI-Engines/FRC/hauptteil_frc.html for a list
of FRC capable engines.

For the near future I'm planning some inprovements in the database
layer (faster position search), and an opening book.
However, I'm not yet sure which file format to use for the opening
book.
If you have ideas or suggestions for opening book support, please let
me know.

Have fun,
Peter