Old October 14th 05, 03:32 AM
Jerry Creed

Default Chessbase Question

Why do I all of a sudden get multiple gray database windows in My
Documents/Chessbase/Databases, instead of regular old red ones and why do
they remain after I've deleted these files from Chessbase program?

Old October 14th 05, 10:12 AM
HD

Jerry Creed wrote:
Why do I all of a sudden get multiple gray database windows in My
Documents/Chessbase/Databases, instead of regular old red ones and why do
they remain after I've deleted these files from Chessbase program?

The grey ones is just as regular. Newer format. They are grey, because
now, contrary to prior versions, the files is associated with the program.
If you delete your bases from CB you should from time to time do a clean
up (I don't know why CB doesn't delete all the files, but it doesn't).

HD

Old October 17th 05, 02:05 AM
Mike

How do you clean up?

Old October 17th 05, 02:43 AM
Jerry Creed

Assuming Windows 95, go to My Computer/ My Documents, Chessbase and click
each of the database icons and you may see gray icons and a red one of stuff
you threw out, now you got to delete them again.

"Mike" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
How do you clean up?