Old October 24th 05, 06:02 AM
Phil

Default Fritz Tournaments?

Do any of the Fritz versions support single player tournaments against
computer opponents, and if so are the time controls adjustable? Thanks

Old October 24th 05, 10:13 AM
Ruud

Fritz8 (and I'm pretty sure other chessbase pr.) does. You can start a
tournament with engines and enter 1 or more human players as contenders, and
you can enter any time-control you like.
"Phil" schreef in bericht
k.net...

Old October 26th 05, 02:45 AM
Phil

When you say "human players as contenders", do you mean like in live hot
seat games? I'm wanting to set up tournaments against computer players. I'm
also not sure what "engines" are in this context. I know what chess playing
engines are but again, I'm looking for the program to do most of the work
like setting up matches, keeping records of matches, etc via the program's
interface. For example, I like the way CM10 sets up human vs computer
opponent touraments, but I cannot abide by being forced to play full games
in 20 minutes as many of the CM tournaments are configured. Thanks for your
reply!

Old October 26th 05, 06:09 AM
Solomon Nuffert

Hi!

With CM 10 You can create your own toutnaments - any persons, any
time-control.

I like to play tornametns "I vs engines" under Arena too.

Regards
SoloMoon

"Phil" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
nk.net...

Old November 5th 05, 05:30 PM

The new Fritz 9 (available at ChessCentral.com) will add to your enjoyment
of tournament play. Check it out!!!

k.net...