Old November 17th 05, 08:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
C.C.LONGTHORP

Default Strongest program

Which is the strongest engine for tactics ??

C.C.L.

Old November 19th 05, 12:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
muppet0830

"C.C.LONGTHORP" wrote in message
Which is the strongest engine for tactics ??

C.C.L.

Fruit 2.2.1

Old November 19th 05, 07:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
MorphyFischer

Fruit, Zappa, and Shredder are all very strong in tactics. Unless you
are a 2700+ player yourself, you have to "take the word" of the
computer self-play engine results, which currently points to Fruit.

Old December 5th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Nicky

Can you point me to alink please to downlaod Rybka?

Old December 5th 05, 05:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Nicky

Are you sere Rybka is better than Fruit 2.2.1?

Old December 5th 05, 05:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Manuel Möller

"Nicky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
Can you point me to alink please to downlaod Rybka?

http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/newspage.htm
MM

Old December 5th 05, 05:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Manuel Möller

"Manuel Möller" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

"Nicky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
Can you point me to alink please to downlaod Rybka?

http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/newspage.htm

Only today (Dec 5th) !!

MM

Old December 6th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Liam Too

Aaron wrote:
"Nicky" wrote in news:1133803654.719166.134730
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Are you sere Rybka is better than Fruit 2.2.1?

Well, testers are reporting at least 60% if not more scores against Fruit
2.2.1 and Fritz 9. But who knows?

But that's why I said possibly.

I know that Zappa already beat Fruit in the latest computer
championship. Has Rybka defeated Zappa yet?

Old December 6th 05, 08:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Liam Too

Aaron wrote:
"Liam Too" wrote in
oups.com:

Aaron wrote:
"Nicky" wrote in news:1133803654.719166.134730
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Are you sere Rybka is better than Fruit 2.2.1?

Well, testers are reporting at least 60% if not more scores against
Fruit 2.2.1 and Fritz 9. But who knows?

But that's why I said possibly.

I know that Zappa already beat Fruit in the latest computer
championship. Has Rybka defeated Zappa yet?

Given that the super strong Zappa (not the old one) isn't available, and
there's no tourney yet in which Rybka 1.0 and Zappa has entered, the answer
is no.

But if we wanted to discuss strongest program which no-one else can get
yet, we might as well talk about Hydra too just for fun.

Hydra is a multi-processor (upgraded to 64 now) monster. If one on
one, Zappa will definitely beat it.

Old December 7th 05, 09:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Nicky

Well guys i dont know if there is a Real one but a pc version of Hydra
v.8 is out!

Its almost good as fruit but fruit is alittle better and of course
Rybka is better than boith i mde them compete

Alos i would like to mention that no matter on how good hardware a
chess engine is runnignone all the really matters is the search and
eval function are they not?

I mean if Rybka had a better search and eval from Hydra then would
definately beat Hydra nmo matter if Hydra run on 64 cpu clustered pc.

Do you agree?