Old October 4th 03, 08:47 AM

Default Is chess engine is dynamic?

Friends,
I have this question with regarding chess engines. Are chess engines
are dynamic, I mean will it get more power full day by day. Will it
evaluate the positions from the database apart from eval function? My
be an operation like this. Open the data base tree and search the
position, which is similar to the one in present. Check the
continuation and make a move.
Is this how the computer chess works? I have fritz8 and it is
improving day-by-day. (May be my imaginations!!)

(Sorry for the funny question)