Old October 10th 03, 06:46 PM
LeModernCaveman

Default Anyone know ChessGenius's playing strength?

I see ratings for Fritz, Shredder, and the others, but nothing for this
program.

Anyone have it, play against it, or know if it ever got a rating?

Old October 10th 03, 11:49 PM
HD

Well, you could download the latest complete list from SSDF (that list
contains a hole lot more info than you see at their site).
The program is also called Genius, without "chess". Latest version on
the list is 6.5, and it appears to have 2475 - and its placed as no. 57!
Games is played on/with 128MB K6-2 450 MHz hardware.

I used the program myself some years ago v. 2 and later v. 6, and I
liked it, however both GUI's and playing strength is beyond those of the
CB-family programs, and as far as I know, the CM-programs.

HD

Old October 10th 03, 11:59 PM
HD

Correction: Genius is behind the others! And I used version 5, not 6.
HD