Old October 12th 03, 06:40 AM
Ajan

Default Bookup problem

I have bookup 1.6. I had three books open (I created the books after a lot of
work). While the books were open, the computer crashed and I had to restart the
computer. Now I can't open any of the three books with bookup. I get the error
"there was a problem opening the database." Other books open fine, but these
three books which were open before the computer crash do not open anymore.

Anyway to solve this problem?

Old October 12th 03, 07:28 AM
Anders Thulin

Ajan wrote:

Anyway to solve this problem?

The Bookup people? Seems like the obvious answer ...

Almost certainly a database corruption problem. They can sometimes be fixed
by special repair tools that aren't always included in end-user packages.

--
Anders Thulin http://www.algonet.se/~ath

Old October 12th 03, 05:18 PM
Chet Marino

There is a rebuild utility on their website (maybe included with the
program) that will repair the database for just this sort of problem.

Chet Marino

Old October 12th 03, 11:59 PM
Mike Leahy

"Ajan" wrote in message
s.com...
I have bookup 1.6. I had three books open (I created the books after a lot

of
work). While the books were open, the computer crashed and I had to

restart the
computer. Now I can't open any of the three books with bookup. I get the

error
"there was a problem opening the database." Other books open fine, but

these
three books which were open before the computer crash do not open anymore.

Anyway to solve this problem?

In the program group that contains the Bookup program there is a
repair utility. Run it and choose File|Rebuild Book... (NOT Open
Book...) and follow along.

Bookup 2000 automatically suggests rebuilding ebooks on the fly
if they are damage due to computer crashes.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com