Old November 1st 03, 02:15 AM
Matthew

Default PGN tactics files

I have a several chess tactics books that I am (tediously) putting into
chessbase -- I can use them in high school coaching drills. On the web, I
found all the positions from "1001 Winning Sacrifices and Checkmates"
(Reinfeld) in PGN format. Are there libraries of other books, or am I stuck
entering them by hand? I am especially interested in books I already own.
Two examples are Reinfeld/Chernev's "Winning Chess" and Willson&Alberston's
"303 Tactical Chess Puzzles".

Matthew

Old November 1st 03, 02:31 AM
CeeBee

"Matthew" wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/book.htm

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old November 1st 03, 04:51 AM
Mogath3

I have a several chess tactics books that I am (tediously) putting into
chessbase -- I can use them in high school coaching drills. On the web, I
found all the positions from "1001 Winning Sacrifices and Checkmates"
(Reinfeld) in PGN format. Are there libraries of other books, or am I stuck
entering them by hand? I am especially interested in books I already own.
Two examples are Reinfeld/Chernev's "Winning Chess" and Willson&Alberston's
"303 Tactical Chess Puzzles".

Matthew

You may also be interested in these positions as flash cards. I have done this
with some of these collections for my own use. If you'd like more info, just
remove the nojunk from my email.

Regards,
Jeff

Old November 1st 03, 04:17 PM
DDEckerslyke

"Matthew" wrote in message
I have a several chess tactics books that I am (tediously) putting into
chessbase -- I can use them in high school coaching drills. On the web, I
found all the positions from "1001 Winning Sacrifices and Checkmates"
(Reinfeld) in PGN format. Are there libraries of other books, or am I

stuck
entering them by hand? I am especially interested in books I already own.
Two examples are Reinfeld/Chernev's "Winning Chess" and

Willson&Alberston's
"303 Tactical Chess Puzzles".

I Goooooogled on
"303 Tactical Chess Puzzles" pgn
and came up with this http://www.gambitchess.com/semi/dbbooks.htm which
seems to have pgn and cbv for every chess book ever written.

cheers

dd

Old November 1st 03, 06:09 PM
DDEckerslyke

"DDEckerslyke" wrote in message

I Goooooogled on
"303 Tactical Chess Puzzles" pgn
and came up with this http://www.gambitchess.com/semi/dbbooks.htm which
seems to have pgn and cbv for every chess book ever written.

ooooops

I downloaded a couple of these but it turns out you need a password before
you can unzip them. To get a password you have to do submit a collection
that he doesn't already have (unless, of course, you can get a password
elsewhere). This seems fair enough but...

cheers

dd

Old November 2nd 03, 07:52 PM
john

There is a link at my website to the Ossimitz chess collection which should
have what you need.
John.
http://www.portadownchessclub.cjb.net/

Old November 3rd 03, 07:59 PM
Mike Ogush

On 1 Nov 2003 02:31:01 GMT, CeeBee wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

I have a several chess tactics books that I am (tediously) putting
into chessbase -- I can use them in high school coaching drills. On
the web, I found all the positions from "1001 Winning Sacrifices and
Checkmates" (Reinfeld) in PGN format. Are there libraries of other
books, or am I stuck entering them by hand? I am especially
interested in books I already own. Two examples are Reinfeld/Chernev's
"Winning Chess" and Willson&Alberston's "303 Tactical Chess Puzzles".

http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/book.htm

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

You may also want to check out the tactics page at Ossimitiz's site:
http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/tactic.htm. The file tp.zip
contains positions from a number of books all in one databse.

Mike Ogush