Old November 10th 03, 07:19 PM
Dan Heisman

Default How Many Deep Fritz Processors?

Does anyone know how many processors Deep Fritz will use tomorrow in its X3D match with Kasparov. Last year
against Kramnik I think it used 8. On the X3D website, they simply said it will be the best Deep Fritz ever,
but no mention of exact number and type of CPUs involved. I wanted to mention this tonight on my
www.chess.FM radio show at 7-9 PM.

- Dan Heisman
Old November 10th 03, 08:01 PM
One Eyed Jack

hey Dan,
4 times 2.8 ghz Xeons.
My source is John Fernandez posting at chessninja bulletin board.

Old November 10th 03, 08:08 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Dan Heisman" wrote in message
Does anyone know how many processors Deep Fritz will use tomorrow in its

X3D match with Kasparov. Last year
against Kramnik I think it used 8. On the X3D website, they simply said it

will be the best Deep Fritz ever,
but no mention of exact number and type of CPUs involved. I wanted to

mention this tonight on my
www.chess.FM radio show at 7-9 PM.

- Dan Heisman

I'm going to the event, I'll try and get some specs and stuffs, but then
again, I'll all be posted and disseminated by then, right?

I wonder if I can get some pics of the hardware? It's not proprietary I
imagine...or confidential, to be more precise.