Old November 26th 03, 09:14 AM
Neko

Default Computer vs. Computer Servers

Is there a website or telnet address that I can go to to have computer
vs. computer matches over the internet, where I would be running a chess
computer on my machine, and the other computer would be running a chess
computer on it's machine, and we could duke it out over the net? I love
watching computer vs. computer matches. Also, is there a program out
there that could interface between the two computers so that I don't
have to enter the moves manually back and forth? Thanks again for any
replies.

Neko

Old November 26th 03, 03:32 PM
henri Arsenault

In article ,
Neko wrote:

Is there a website or telnet address that I can go to to have computer
vs. computer matches over the internet, where I would be running a chess
computer on my machine, and the other computer would be running a chess
computer on it's machine, and we could duke it out over the net? I love
watching computer vs. computer matches. Also, is there a program out
there that could interface between the two computers so that I don't
have to enter the moves manually back and forth? Thanks again for any
replies.

Yes, you can play computer vs computer on Chessbase's Playchess server.
Fritz and other Chessbase computers have a feature where the cmputer can
play against another computer without your intervention. There are even
tournaments for computers.

Henri
Old November 26th 03, 09:14 PM
David Richerby

Neko wrote:
Is there a website or telnet address that I can go to to have computer
vs. computer matches over the internet

The Free Internet Chess Server (FICS). http://www.freechess.org/

Dave.

--
David Richerby Generic Strange Lotion (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a soothing hand lotion but