Old December 9th 03, 01:43 AM
Henri H. Arsenault

Default Fritz 8 update vs Deep Fritz 8

Does anyone know if Fritz 8 will eventually be upgraded to play at the
strength of Deep Fritz 8 (for single processors)? Some of the features
of Deep Fritz 8 have already been incorporated into the latest patches
of Fritz 8 - for instance the multimedia capability. Chessbase claims
that Deep Fritz 8 is considerably stronger than Fritz 8, especially
from the point of view of positional chess.

For over $100 US (Yikes! Over $150 Canadian...), I would have to
swallow hard to justify the difference(it might be worth it if I
thought my 2 GHZ Pentium with Deep Fritz could beat Mayi's dual
processor Athlon monster with Fritz 8 in the computer room
tournaments...).

Henri
Old December 15th 03, 01:30 AM
Sid Pickard

You can get Deep Fritz 8 he

http://www.chesscentral.com/software/deep-fritz-8.htm

I doubt they will ever make Fritz as strong as Deep Fritz. Deep Fritz
is a great seller for ChessBase and rightly so. It is a very powerful
program and has some nice graphics that are unique to it.

Best,

Sid