Old December 10th 03, 11:27 PM
Richard Ehrman

Default Help with ChessBass Products Needed in Boston

Though i'm not a newbie and have been using computers and many
different software programs since 1985, I find Chess Base programs
cumbersome to navigate and difficult to use. I'm looking to hire
someone in the Boston area adept at using Fritze and other Chess base
products to teach me to get what i want out of them. Please contact me
via email.

thanks,

Richard

Old December 12th 03, 06:46 AM
matt -`;'-

"Richard Ehrman" wrote in message
m...
Though i'm not a newbie and have been using computers and many
different software programs since 1985, I find Chess Base programs
cumbersome to navigate and difficult to use. I'm looking to hire
someone in the Boston area adept at using Fritze and other Chess base
products to teach me to get what i want out of them. Please contact me
via email.

thanks,

Richard

You should do what i do. If I don't know how something works I just keep
pressing buttons. Sooner or later I figure it out by trial and error. You
should't be able to break anything. Well... that is... unless you press the
self-destruct button. (kidding) Really, just experiment. You may find
yourself analyzing and deducing the features and controls, and also making
occasional intuitive leaps in understanding. I just had a thought... if
your menus are not in English there is an option to choose Engish (under
Tools menu, options, Language or 7th menu choice from left, last choice on
popup menu, on the language tab). This definitely helps speed the learning
process for English speaking peoples.
--
matt -`;'-

Old December 12th 03, 02:14 PM
Marco

Why not simply post here each time you encounter a problem in
the course of your installation? Many of us are familiar with
CB products and may have encountered similar problems in the
past.

Marco

Old December 13th 03, 06:45 AM
One Eyed Jack

Richard Ehrman wrote:
Though i'm not a newbie and have been using computers and many
different software programs since 1985, I find Chess Base programs
cumbersome to navigate and difficult to use. I'm looking to hire
someone in the Boston area adept at using Fritze and other Chess base
products to teach me to get what i want out of them. Please contact me
via email.

thanks,

Richard

since you are looking for some one who is physically local to you, I
suggest you contact MACA or visit a local club--like the Boylston club
or the Brookline club to make an announcement.
OEJ