Old December 11th 03, 02:54 AM
andrew chapman

Default Downloading and playing games

I have Chessbase Light which seems to be the free version of Chessbase, and
want to know if I can download games from the net - eg chessbase.com - and
play them. And if so, how.

Old December 11th 03, 03:29 AM
Mike Ogush

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 02:54:59 +0000 (UTC), "andrew chapman"
wrote:

I have Chessbase Light which seems to be the free version of Chessbase, and
want to know if I can download games from the net - eg chessbase.com - and
play them. And if so, how.

Since I purchased Chessbase 8 several years ago I haven't used to
Chessbase lite, so the followiing instructions are from memory.

In order to play games with Chessbase lite they need to be in PGN, CBH
or CBV formats. Once you download the file and possibly unzip to to
get it into one of these formats:
1. start up chessbase lite.
2. open the database using the File-Open-Database menu choice or use
the open database icon on the left side of application screen. This
should bring up the open dialog box.
3. browse to the folder wher your file is. [If you don't see your file
make sure that the dialog box is looking for files with the same
extension (.PGN or .CBH or .CBV)]
4. select your file and click OK
5. I believe Chessbase Lite asks you whether the Icon is temporary or
permanent; make it permanent.

You should now see the list of games in that file. To open a game
double left-click on it.

Mike Ogush
Old December 11th 03, 04:38 PM
john

you might also want to look here for downloads. Tactic files etc.
John.
http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/book.htm

Old December 12th 03, 06:27 AM
andrew chapman