Old December 13th 03, 07:32 PM
GreenPencil

Default Do you use adjournments while playing computers

Just wondering. I like to play 40/2 against computers. Often I go
beyong 40 moves, because a computer doesn't offer the opportunity to
blast it with a tactic. Games under 40 moves often mean I lost by
dropping something.

Anyway, about 1/3 of the time I get beyond move 60. I always take a
break at this point and don't return to the game until tomorrow.
Something It's takes me a several days to a week to finish the game.
But during this time I don't analyze the game. Sure I think about it,
but I don't actively analyze it.

Sometimes I wonder if playing a computer might be more fun it I did
analysis during my adjournments. Sort of like playing chess the old,
classical way when the GM's (and there we so few of them back when a
GM meant a GM) slaved away at ajorned games through the night.

I imagine it would help my endgame immeasureably, but would cut down
drastically of the number of games I would play.
Old December 13th 03, 09:27 PM
Fn39k

Your idea sounds great green pencil! I too like to play 40/2 against computers.
Notice that the computer doesn't blow a person away when the human has time to
think about the position on the board. I hate playing blitz against say Hiarcs,
Fritz, and Chess Tiger. You have a good angle saying to analyze your adjourned
game.
Well well I will try your idea.

best, Fraynels