Old September 9th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Hiarcs X50?

Can someone tell me if this is just a UI version of Hiarcs 10 or is it
different/stronger?
Thank You
Old September 9th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:09:34 -0500, DJ Records wrote:

Can someone tell me if this is just a UI version of Hiarcs 10 or is it
different/stronger?
Thank You

Hiarcs X50 is a newer and different version than the Chessbase Hiarcs
10. Most of the rating lists that I have checked out say that Hiarcs
X50 is only slightly stronger than the Chessbase version of Hiarcs 10.
Of course, the fact that X50 is a UCI engine means that it can run in
many more GUIs than the chessbase native Hiarcs 10.

Here are some of the rating lists I checked out:

http://www.husvankempen.de/nunn/rating.htm
http://www.computerschach.de/index.p...per&Itemid=242
http://www.computerchess.org.uk/ccrl..._list_all.html
http://www.beepworld.de/members39/co.../bff-liste.htm