Old September 11th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Mac program Gambit won't allow me to save to PGN files

I am testing out Gambit on my Mac tonight and like it so far, but I
have one issue. It won't let me save to files. I get an error beep.
Get info for the files shows that I can read and write to them. When i
setup the position and select a pgn to use they all have a lock icon
next to them. Really weird. Any one here using gambit and are you
able to save to a pgn? I did not install it as an admin user, but
don't think that should matter. I look forward to some advice from
other Mac users of Gambit.

TIA,
John

Old September 13th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

raggio wrote:
I am testing out Gambit on my Mac tonight and like it so far, but I
have one issue. It won't let me save to files. I get an error beep.
Get info for the files shows that I can read and write to them. When i
setup the position and select a pgn to use they all have a lock icon
next to them. Really weird. Any one here using gambit and are you
able to save to a pgn? I did not install it as an admin user, but
don't think that should matter. I look forward to some advice from
other Mac users of Gambit.

TIA,
John

Bumping this question to see if any fellow Mac Gambit users out there
can help me. I've e-mailed the developer a few days ago, but have not
heard back form them. I wonder if it's a disk or user permission issue
of some sort. Teh user that I installed under does not have admin
rights. I might try it as an admin to see if it works any differently.
I look forward to any ideas you all might have.

Thanks,
John