Old December 14th 03, 10:02 AM
Ian Chesterton

Default pocket fritz tactical training

I cant find hardly any tactics files that you can use with pocket
fritz's training feature. Is there a good website link for these? Im
looking for files under specific motifs, like king hunt etc...

Ian
Old December 14th 03, 01:55 PM
Robert Pawlak

Ian,

You can use PGN tactics files for Pocket Fritz training. But you must remove
all variations from the files, so that only a main line remains. This can be
easily done with Chessbase or Chess Assistant.

Details on the procedure can be found in the archives of the ChessReviews group
(membership is free). See link on left of my web page(s).

There is also a file of tactics test positions in the "files" section of the
yahoogroups page for ChessReviews.

Bob Pawlak (remove 1et.tw to e-mail)
Chess Assistance
http://www.chessassistance.com
Chess Reviews
http://www.chessreviews.com

Old December 14th 03, 04:55 PM
Michael Byrne

Ian Chesterton wrote in message . ..
I cant find hardly any tactics files that you can use with pocket
fritz's training feature. Is there a good website link for these? Im
looking for files under specific motifs, like king hunt etc...

Ian

any file that has postions in pgn format with the solution like this can be used

[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "?"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "1-0"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "r1b1n1rk/1p3p1p/p2p4/5PB1/7Q/1n1R4/P1P3RP/q2B2K1 w - - 0 29"]

29. Qxh7+ Kxh7 30. Rh3+ Kg7 31. Be7# 1-0

here is another set from chessbase:

http://www.chessbase.com/download/tactics.pgn