Old September 14th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chess Program in Lua?

Hey guys,

I'm writing a mod for a popular first person shooter. It's a level that
has a large chess board where a single player can play chess against
the computer. I need a chess engine that is writen in Lua to embed in
the level file. I have tried searching online and I am given to believe
that no such thing exists. I'm hoping someone here can tell me that I
am wrong.

Regards

Old September 15th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Telamon wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm writing a mod for a popular first person shooter. It's a level that
has a large chess board where a single player can play chess against
the computer. I need a chess engine that is writen in Lua to embed in
the level file. I have tried searching online and I am given to believe
that no such thing exists. I'm hoping someone here can tell me that I
am wrong.

Regards

Hi,

I am a computer chess enthusiast and unfortunately I also don't think
that you will find what you seek.
The vast majority of chess engines are written in C/C++. There are
fewer in other languages like VBasic, Java, Pascal, Delfi, etc.
Maybe you can find a way to connect a C/C++ engine to your program? Or
else write your own lua chess engine (perhaps by porting a small simple
open source engine from another language)?
Somebody has placed your question in www.talkhess.com, so watch there
for possible answers.