Old September 17th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Playing at FICS and ICC on PDAs (Windows Mobile and Palm OS)

There are a couple of threads in this group about Internet play on
PDAs. I have written a client for FICS and ICC for mobile phones
supporting Java MIDP 2 which most phones except the most basic ones
sold today do (see separate thread). It also works on Windows Mobile
and on Palm OS although on Palms it has been reported that screen updates
in Java programs are very slow, making it practically unusable on
anything but maybe the fastest processors (I have not actually seen it
running on a Palm myself).

As Java MIDP 2 was intended for more simple devices the user interface
may seem a bit poor compared to other programs written directly for
PDAs but the program is fully functional and supports pointer device.

The program is downloadable for free. Find out more at http://www.luthman.nu.