Old September 19th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default playchess server

I own both Shredder and CB 9. I recently tried to log in and they asked for
a serial number. Does CB ownership provide a serial number (and membership
in Playchess) for life? Or is it a one-year subscription?

Thanks,

Angelo

Old September 20th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
I own both Shredder and CB 9. I recently tried to log in and they asked for
a serial number. Does CB ownership provide a serial number (and membership
in Playchess) for life? Or is it a one-year subscription?

One year. I do not know if CB offers a serial number to play with, but
Shredder 9 does. You can always buy a new serial number online if yours has
expired ... or just use a different server [and software] for your online
chess playing.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old September 20th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
I own both Shredder and CB 9. I recently tried to log in and they
asked for a serial number. Does CB ownership provide a serial number
(and membership in Playchess) for life? Or is it a one-year
subscription?

I got a one-year subscriptoin with Fritz 8. I assume nothing has
changed since then.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Fluorescent Indelible Monk (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like a man of God but it can't
Old September 20th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"David Richerby" wrote in message
Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
I own both Shredder and CB 9. I recently tried to log in and they
asked for a serial number. Does CB ownership provide a serial number
(and membership in Playchess) for life? Or is it a one-year
subscription?

I got a one-year subscriptoin with Fritz 8. I assume nothing has
changed since then.

Dave.

Thanks Rich and Tom. I guess I have to spring for another code if I want to
play on that server.

Old September 20th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
I own both Shredder and CB 9. I recently tried to log in and they
asked for a serial number. Does CB ownership provide a serial number
(and membership in Playchess) for life? Or is it a one-year
subscription?

I got a one-year subscriptoin with Fritz 8. I assume nothing has
changed since then.

Dave.

Thanks Rich and Tom. I guess I have to spring for another code if I want
to play on that server.

A one year subscription purchased through CB is $31.50. Another way
to get one is to buy one a copy of Fritz 8 by Viva Media (the mass market
version of F8) for $10-15. Use the serial number, toss the disk. Depends
on your sense of immediacy and effort to acquire.

You can also play on playchess as a guest for free but you don't get the
nickname/rating etc.

Your choice!

Regards,
John

Old September 21st 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
I own both Shredder and CB 9. I recently tried to log in and they asked for
a serial number. Does CB ownership provide a serial number (and membership
in Playchess) for life? Or is it a one-year subscription?

Thanks,

Angelo

CB9 does come with a serial number providing membership to the playchess
server, even got some ducats placed in my account on playchess as well.

Regards

Kevin