Old September 19th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chessbase and Pocket Fritz 2

Sorry, I meant to post this on rec.games.chess.computer not the
rec.games.chess.analysis

I'm sending again, to both this time.

dave

Dave (from the UK) wrote:
Some may recall my annoyance that Chessbase have screwed up their web
server so the online database no longer works with their commercial
product Pocket Fritz 2. (This runs on a PDA, or handhold computer). It
used to - I can only assume they have altered their database or web
server to stop it working.

I've asked Chessbase to fix this several times, and have now said I will
be seeking a refund from my credit card company for the purchase cost if
they won't fix the problem. As far as I can see, it is not doing what it
is advertised to do. I probably have very little case, since I've had it
1 year, but it might **** them off a bit.

If anyone else has bought a copy, perhaps they will do the same - but
let Chessbase know first. If enough people complain, they might fix what
they have broken.

Here's my latest email, and their reply.

------To chessbase ---
Sent to:
Peter Schreiner
pitters AT schach dot de

Hi,
Do you have any idea from your developers when this will be fixed? I
know you stated it is not a high priority, but do you have an estimated
date? If not, could you get one? I'm more than a little bit annoyed the
fact this feature has been broken and yet there is no effective support.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'll attempt to return the software and
get a full refund from my credit card. Given I bought it over a year ago
this might not be possible, but I'll sure have a try.

Given they have been aware of this problem for months now, not only from
myself but others too, their lack of willingless to fix the bug they
created is annoying to say the lest.

Anyway, here is my latest email, and the latest response.

------

From
Peter Schreiner
ChessBase GmbH

I understand this and I send a copy of your email to the developer team.

Kind regards
-Peter Schreiner

--
Dave (from the UK)