Old September 21st 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default chess engines by Dutch programmers

Hi,

I'm looking for chess engines by Dutch programmers.
My friend Google already found the following for me:
? The Baron - by Richard Pijl
? Diep - by Vincent Diepeveen
? NullMover - by Michel Langeveld and Jos Timmer
? Pixelpusher - by Hans Bodlaender
? Queen - by Leen Ammeraal
? Rebel - by Ed Schro\"der

Which am I missing?
Old September 22nd 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
I'm looking for chess engines by Dutch programmers.
My friend Google already found the following for me:
? The Baron - by Richard Pijl
? Diep - by Vincent Diepeveen
? NullMover - by Michel Langeveld and Jos Timmer
? Pixelpusher - by Hans Bodlaender
? Queen - by Leen Ammeraal
? Rebel - by Ed Schro\"der

Which am I missing?

Isn't Frans Morsch, one of the two co-authors of Fritz, Dutch?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Zen Peanut (TM): it's like a roasted
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ nut that puts you in touch with the
Old September 22nd 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I'm looking for chess engines by Dutch programmers.
My friend Google already found the following for me:
? The Baron - by Richard Pijl
? Diep - by Vincent Diepeveen
? NullMover - by Michel Langeveld and Jos Timmer
? Pixelpusher - by Hans Bodlaender
? Queen - by Leen Ammeraal
? Rebel - by Ed Schro\"der
Which am I missing?

Isn't Frans Morsch, one of the two co-authors of Fritz, Dutch?

Ah yes he is. Thanks!

Old September 23rd 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:12:54 +0200, Folkert van Heusden
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for chess engines by Dutch programmers.
My friend Google already found the following for me:
? The Baron - by Richard Pijl
? Diep - by Vincent Diepeveen
? NullMover - by Michel Langeveld and Jos Timmer
? Pixelpusher - by Hans Bodlaender
? Queen - by Leen Ammeraal
? Rebel - by Ed Schro\"der

Which am I missing?

Ant, Celes (aka 31337), Gk, JanWillem, JSBam, Morphy, MSCP, Neurosis,
Stan's Chess, Tao, Wing

Tony
Old September 23rd 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 02:06:41 +0200, Folkert van Heusden
wrote:

max wrote:
Do you have an URL of it? Google says it doesn't exist.

http://www.chessclub.com/cgi-bin/fin...pl?handle=blik

It's a privateware engine.

Tony

Old September 24th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for chess engines by Dutch programmers.
My friend Google already found the following for me:
? The Baron - by Richard Pijl
? Diep - by Vincent Diepeveen
? NullMover - by Michel Langeveld and Jos Timmer
? Pixelpusher - by Hans Bodlaender
? Queen - by Leen Ammeraal
? Rebel - by Ed Schro\"der

Which am I missing?

As a matter of interest, why the interest in chess engines by
specifically Dutch programmers? Part of a PhD project or similar?

You might try logging onto ICC, finding the names of the computers
online (there are lots), looking at their finger notes

fi slowflow (or similar)

and seeing if there is any information there as to who runs them. Then
message their owners and ask of their nationality.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://witm.sourceforge.net/ (Web based Mathematica front end)