Old September 21st 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default weak xboard compatible chess engines running under Linux?

Hi,

Does anyone know a really weak chess program from which my own program
(www.vanheusden.com/pos) might win? I tried quiet a few chessprograms but
even when I limit the ply-depth all of them still win.

Folkert.
Old September 22nd 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know a really weak chess program from which my own program
(www.vanheusden.com/pos) might win? I tried quiet a few chessprograms but
even when I limit the ply-depth all of them still win.

Folkert.

Phalanx will work with linux and winboard. You can vary the playing
strength though the command line.

Old September 22nd 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hi,

Does anyone know a really weak chess program from which my own program
(www.vanheusden.com/pos) might win? I tried quiet a few chessprograms but
even when I limit the ply-depth all of them still win.

Phalanx will work with linux and winboard. You can vary the playing
strength though the command line.

I'm afraid Phalanx is too strong :-)

Hopefully lots of people play against my chess program on freechess.org
(account 'fjjvh') so that I can give a rating for what I'm looking for.
Old September 25th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Try out belofte at http://belofte.internetcontact.be